Thursday, September 8, 2011

A Monster-ously Fun Project

To go along with our frightfully fantastic theme this year (monsters), we made our own monsters during the first full week or school! I got the idea for this project from pinterest (where else?) and changed it up a bit to make it work for us! Thriving Third Graders posted a great blog post titled "Snow Art" showing off her students' shaving cream/glue snow men. Here they are!


The more I looked at these adorable creations, the less I wanted to wait until winter to make them. After thinking about how I could make this project unique for my classroom, I decided to try it out with some food coloring in the mix! From that, our shaving cream and glue monsters were born as was a great writing opportunity and a lesson in adding details! Take a look at them, and don't forget to check out the "snow art" blog post at http://thrivingthirdgraders.blogspot.com for her directions on how to make your own!



I hope everyone had a great long weekend! I know I enjoyed mine!

2 comments:

  1. Have you read I Need My Monster by Amanda Noll? I read this to my third grade students and then I had them draw their own monsters and write descriptions about their monsters. I love the shaving cream monster and think I will use that for next year when I do this project again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there. I found your web site by the use of Google even as searching for a similar matter, your web site came up. It appears to be good. I’ve bookmarked it in my google bookmarks to come back then.
    gift shops in lahore

    ReplyDelete