Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!

I can't say it enough.....THANK YOU!

Okay...so I know I'm not supposed to post twice in a day, but I am just TOO EXCITED to wait!!  I posted about oo.com and their efforts to fund Donors Choose technology related projects on June 5 and shared my project, and in less than a week my project got enough votes to be funded!  Yay!!  Again, I can't thank everyone who voted enough!  And I have to think there were a lot of you considering how quickly it got the needed votes!  My new class in the fall (and many classes after) will have a SMART wireless slate to use!  I am sooo excited and so, so grateful!
Source

If you don't have a project on Donors Choose, what are you waiting for??  It is so wonderful for teachers who need classroom supplies and other materials to enrich their class...and isn't that all of us?  If you're a little hesitant, feel free to email me and I'll help you in any way I can!  Katie at Dirty Hands and Lesson Plans blogged about Donors Choose and gave her readers some great tips too!  I found it helpful to look at other projects when I submitted my first few, and Katie shared the link to her page to take a peek at hers.  You can click on the picture below to look at mine!

UPDATE: I found another blog post with tips for grant writing (on Donors Choose and elsewhere)!  This is a guest post on The Organized Classroom Blog.  Just click on the link to check it out!

And another big thank you...thank you for following me and listening to my rambling!  I have reached 100 followers, and I'm planning a big giveaway to celebrate!  If any of you wonderful bloggers are interested in joining in by giving away a TPT/TN item email me! <---- Just click here :)  If you do want to take part, I'll put your blog button and product in my giveaway post!

Thanks again for voting and for following my little ol' blog!  You've made me a very happy teacher over the past couple of days!

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting your project funded! It's always a good feeling.


    http://room5teacher.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cassandra! It is a good feeling! It always makes my day!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on your SMART slate! I just heard about Donors Choose recently. What a wonderful way to support teachers! I just started my own blog, TpT and TN stores and now I'm hoping to plan a project for Donors Choose!

    Aimee
    www.pencilsbooksanddirtylooks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aimee! You should definitely do a project for donors choose! If you need anything you can email me, and I'll do my best to help you out! By the way, I love, love, love your blog title! So Cute!

      Delete
  3. I definitely have to check into oo.com and Donors Choose! There is a NOW board that I want to get for my classroom & it's worth a shot. Congratulations on your funding!! :)

    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And you're right...it couldn't hurt to try!! I definitely recommend it! If you have any questions, email me and I'll do my best to help!

      Delete